Reporting to the Manager, Land Administration, this role will be responsible for assigned mineral land administration duties including, but not limited to:
- Responsible, with limited supervision, to ensure effective administration and control of all lease records and transactions in connection with producing and non-producing properties and interest acquired, owned, or purchased, including integration of land records
- Analyze and maintain freehold leases
- Set-up and maintain tracts, interests, units and wells in a GIS based land system (MineralSoft)
- Review Division Orders and calculate NRI’s
- Review and verify interest in Poolings, Production Sharing Agreements and Overriding Royalty Agreements
- Verify deed ownership and issue oil and gas leases
- Analyze land and well information to satisfy Accounting queries
- Analyze wells and unit wells to determine leases that need to be cross-referenced to the well and/or unit
- Research complicated contract, lease, deed and land owner issues, and communicate results internally
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- A CPLTA or CDOA designation would be an asset, with a minimum of 7 years of related experience in US land administration or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with MineralSoft and DrillingInfo is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines and timelines
- Good communications skills both oral and written
- Strong understanding of mineral conveyances and ability to calculate fractional ownership based on language in deeds.
- Experience reading well plats and surveys, particularly in Texas.
- Experience with deed registration and curative matters
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid understanding of state statutes as they apply to leasing and conveyancing, poolings and well spacing
- Strong understanding of mineral land administration with particular experience with conveyances and legal concepts related to mineral ownership and leasing
- Ability to multi-task, make independent decisions and work with a diverse group of individuals in a fast-paced environment
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.