Rife is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources Advisor. This position is based in Calgary and reports to the Manager, Human Resources. The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of various HR programs, policies, procedures and new initiatives to enhance our high performance culture and ensure corporate objectives are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and support to leaders and employees in areas such as: recruitment and retention, compensation, performance management, employee relations and career development
- Participate and analyze compensation and industry surveys, summarize results and make recommendations on potential program or policy changes
- Support the annual compensation review process: prepare and deliver leader workbooks as well as employee communication (compensation letters and total rewards statements)
- Deliver support and service to employees at all level regarding HR related issues such as policy interpretation and best practices
- Participate in the recruitment process: post job vacancies, collect and screen applications, conduct interviews
- Assist with compiling board presentations as required and public documents such as Freehold’s annual information circular and ESG report
- Provide payroll back-up
- Support human resources and corporate initiatives in the following areas: equity, diversity and inclusion; employee engagement; internal communications and employer branding
Required Characteristics, Attributes and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Customer service mentality with a positive, forward thinking attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to meet critical deadlines, while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to seek out and recommend opportunities for improvements
- Attention to detail and commitment to high level of accuracy
- Displays a high degree of confidentiality and professional judgment
- Business degree or certification
- CPHR or equivalent professional human resources designation (or working towards a designation) is considered an asset
- Approximately 3-5 years’ experience in a Human Resources role with experience or exposure in total rewards and compensation
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills required
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application
Additional Working Conditions:
Flexible Hybrid Work Pilot Program Information - We understand the way we do our work has changed and our employees are looking for flexibility with a blend of in-office and remote work. Rife currently has a 12-month hybrid work pilot program in place allowing us to live, learn and adapt our flexible, hybrid work program in a way that works for our business and our employees.
What does our hybrid work pilot program look like?
- Combination of in-office and remote work: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are core in-office work days, Monday and Friday in-office or remote based on your preference
- Flexible work hours, while committing to being available during our core hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm
If you choose to participate in the hybrid work pilot program, you will:
- Be provided with a Rife computer or laptop when working in the office
- Require access to a personal computer when working from home
- Benefits program
- Health and Wellness spending account
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Pension plan
- Flex day program
- Hybrid work pilot program
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
Committed to attracting and retaining diverse employees, Rife Resources will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is welcoming and promotes diversity of thought, inclusivity and equity.
Please include your first and last name in the file name of your resume submission file.