Rife is seeking candidates for the position of Acquisition Engineer. This position is based in Calgary and reports directly to the Director of Acquisitions. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team of Engineers, Geologists and Landmen who are responsible for evaluating and de-risking acquisition opportunities for Freehold Royalties’ United States business unit.
The Acquisition Engineer will be responsible for coordinating with other members of the Business Development team to understand the risks and potential for future development. Using data room and industry data, the successful candidate will build production and cash flow models, and work with internal groups to understand the corporate impacts in the acquisition and asset integration. Based on the technical and financial analysis, bid recommendations will be created and presented to the senior executive.
Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills are required, as there are numerous recommendations to the management and executive teams, often within fixed deadlines. A creative nature is an asset, as part of the continuous improvement objectives of Freehold and Rife.
- Work within the Business Development team to optimally grow the US royalty interest asset portfolio for Freehold Royalties Ltd.
- Leverage large data sets quickly and efficiently to form technical opinions on the quality of acquisition opportunities and their historic performance
- Utilize Val Nav to create development models and economic analysis scenarios to help determine appropriate risk levels and bid recommendations
- Collaborate with Geology, Land and Finance staff to build recommendation presentations, outlining the technical merits, asset, and corporate level opportunities/risks, and bid level justification
- Deliver and defend bid recommendations to the Executive Management and the Board of Directors
- Align with various internal groups and disciplines to provide support and insight to execute Freehold’s core business strategies
- Provide engineering input into reserves evaluations and corporate forecasting
- B.Sc. in Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of oil and gas industry experience, with a strong background in identifying, evaluating, and executing on M&A opportunities
- Experience evaluating/modelling US unconventional assets (Eagle Ford, Permian, Williston, Haynesville, etc.) would be viewed favorably
- Direct business development /corporate development exposure with experience running asset level and corporate level financial analysis
- Flexible and adaptable to meet critical deadlines, while managing multiple priorities
- Capable research skills to supplement incomplete datasets as part of an asset evaluation
- Strong computer skills with experience using: Value Navigator, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, Spotfire and GeoScout. Exposure to Enverus Software Suite would be considered an asset
- Demonstrable ability to work with large, unrefined datasets
- Ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems in time sensitive situations
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams, and a clear ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Communicate highly technical details effectively and succinctly (both verbal and written)
- Insatiable curiosity, creativity and a drive for continuous improvement are preferred personality traits
- Current membership with APEGA and a P. Eng. Designation would be considered an asset
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please include your first and last name in the file name of your resume submission file.